Saturday, March 12, 2011

Given diamond earrings that were once meant for someone else...?

My boyfriend gave me diamond earrings on Valentines Day that he originally purchased for his previous girlfriend, but never gave to her because the relationship ended. He said he was waiting for the right time to give them to her and that he didn't feel like he was quite ready. What do you think of receiving such a gift that was originally intended for someone else? When he gave them to me, he also told me he loved me - for the first time. We've been dating for about half a year. I am truly thankful for the gift, but I can't help having mixed feelings since this gift was once intended for someone else. I am hoping my feeling this way will just pass with time...Any similar situations or thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment